Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your e-mail server rejected your login with Secure Password Authentication (SPA). Verify your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.
There have been documentated issues with Outlook when setting up an email account and ticking “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication” Box. This is mostly in version Microsoft Outlook 2007.
When you click on Test Account settings, you receive the error listed above, please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Untick “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication”, then follow these steps:
- Step 2: In the lower-left corner of the Add New E-mail Account screen, click More Settings.
- Step 3: On the Outgoing Server tab, select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
- Step 4: Select the Use same settings as my incoming mail server check box, and then click OK.
- Step 5: On the right side of the Add New E-Mail Account screen, click Test Account Settings.
- Step 6: Click Next, and then click Finish.
Taken from article : http://www.cotse.net/outlook-config.html