Have you ever wanted to create a tab on your navigation menu that was just a placeholder?
Now you can. A good example is a Services tab. Very often you want to A Service tab which then lists all your services as a submenu, but you don’t actual want any content on the Services tab itself.
To do these – you must use WordPress Menus to control your navigation menu.
Here’s how you can add Static Top-Level Tabs:
- Go to your Menus page (Appearance -> Menus)
- You will need to add a Custom Link.
- Set the URL as #. Using # will prevent the page from refreshing when you select the tab.
- Label your link. The label name will represent what is seen on your navigation tab
- click on “Add to Menu” button.
- Organize your menu items like you would normally do within WordPress Menus, hit the “Save Menu” button, and you’re done!
View the website:
- place mouse over Services and you will see your list of submenus
- Click on Services. Services is now a placeholder. Nothing happens.